Since I have had a lot of interest about the recipe of Jamie’s valentine’s day present I thought I should do a special post on the recipe that I did for the brownies and the edible cookie dough.
As I have since I was a little girl loved to use my grandma’s be-ro recipe book to make my cakes, this has always been my trusty baking book that I will always go to for my cakes, just I like to tweek them a bit.
- 100g (4oz) margarine
- 50g (2oz) plain chocolate
- 175g (6oz) dark brown sugar
- 2x medium eggs, beaten
- 1x 2.5ml (1/2 teaspoon) Vanilla essence
- 100g (4oz) self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 50g (2oz) chopped walnuts
Instead of using walnuts because of Jamie’s allergy, I used 50g (2oz) white chocolate chunks and 50g (2oz) plain chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 180°C /350°F/ gas mark 4
- Grease a tin 28cm x 18cm (11″x 7″)
- Melt the margarine and chocolate over hot water. Once all melted, remove from heat and let to cool
- Sir in the sugar and add the eggs, mixed with the Vanilla essence
- Mix in the flour, salt and nuts (or in my case chocolate chunks)
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for about 25-30 minutes until the top is crispy and the inside is soft
- Leave brownies in the tin till cold before cutting into squared and removing from the tin.
Recipe from my be-ro book but can also be found on there website
Edible cookie dough recipe
I follow a Facebook page called tasty which is how I stumbled across the edible cookie dough.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Because the video shows 4 different recipes to use I’ll just mention the one I used which is cookies and cream
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F
- Evenly spread the flour on a baking tray and put in the oven for 5 mins to kill the bacteria
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, butter, Vanilla, milk and salt until it’s all combined evenly
- Refrigerate the dough mix for 30 minutes
- Get some Oreos in a zip lock bag and crush them until evenly separated
- Add the crushed cookies to the dough and mix until fully combined
Here is the link I used for the edible cookie dough which contains a video on how to do it and other choices on how to make different flavours
Well I’m glad that this week is officially over! I hot my results from the doctors and alongside being vitamin D deficienct (doesn’t help being barely any sunshine in this country) but u have a specific liver enzyme that I have far too much of, like double the what can be the highest normal reading. This can be caused by 3 possibilities
- The most likely explanation being that my vitamin D levels are low
- I have a liver problem
- I have a bone problem
So in a few months I need to have more blood tests and a more detailed one for my liver to rule out either number 2 or 3. On top of this by blood pressure is rising higher than it was in my last trimester of the pregnancy (last reading was 138/104 and only 5 minutes before that it was 141/98) do I need to hoover in regularly to get my BP checked.
Then I’ve caught a nasty cold which has knocked me for 6 and has made me more tired than normal, then Damon has been more fussy and crying because he has started to cut his 3rd tooth! Poor soul!
Where has my plum gone mummy?
As I haven’t made anything much different other than chicken and veg for dinner, I thought I would make something special. My home-made teriyaki chicken and veg. Yum!
Hope you all have had a fantastic week and you have a good week ahead. Enjoy making your own brownie cake in a jar 😀