As many parents do, they start making lists on what they would need for when baby arrives and comes home. I know I did, several times. By more so of seeing on how little money I could spend on mine and babies items.
For me it helped I had friends who had children before me who were willing to let me have some of their baby items that included
- Loads of Clothes
- Bath seat
- Moses baskets
These are the items I purchased for Damon when he came home.
- Hauck malibu xl travel system, I bought this on Ebay.co.uk for £250, I still use the car seat and I loved the carry cot part but now Damon is in the stroller part, I hate it as this pushchair doesn’t give you the option of world and parent facing which is what I would of liked and I had to fix one of the wheels when one of the bolts came off, with superglue.
- Personalised cosy toe, I bought this on ebay.co.uk for £35 and had it personalised with Damon’s name
- Baby sling, I have 2 slings, a stretchy wrap sling which I bought on ebay.co.uk for £18 and a Connecta from their website for £72
- Changing mat bought in boyes for £8
- Nappies I tried different nappies on Damon to see what was the best and I found Aldi being the best ones and at a reasonable price, although I’m now looking into cloth nappies to save money in the long run
- Wipes I started off buying the waterwipes from boots as babies only need to use water and cotton wool when born but these don’t have any harsh chemicals like other brands
- Nappy bag I bought from an independent store for £10
- Cot & mattress I bought the cot from Ikea for £55 and the mattress for £20 in argos
- Baby Bouncer, I went to a charity shop and got one for £10
- Clothes Inc blankets
- bottle steriliser bought from Amazon for £80 as a just in case
- Nappy rash creams, I bought a barrier cream and nappy each cream both from Tesco
- Eventually we bought a highchair on Amazon for £40 but I regret buying this one as it’s difficult to clean. I’m now looking to buy the Ikea antelope which is only £13
There’s a lot of different things people would buy that I didn’t, but I just went with the necessities.